An async/await executor designed for embedded usage.
alloc, no heap needed. Task futures are statically allocated.
- No “fixed capacity” data structures, executor works with 1 or 1000 tasks without needing config/tuning.
- Integrated timer queue: sleeping is easy, just do
- No busy-loop polling: CPU sleeps when there’s no work to do, using interrupts or
- Efficient polling: a wake will only poll the woken task, not all of them.
- Fair: a task can’t monopolize CPU time even if it’s constantly being woken. All other tasks get a chance to run before a given task gets polled for the second time.
- Creating multiple executor instances is supported, to run tasks with multiple priority levels. This allows higher-priority tasks to preempt lower-priority tasks.
WASM executor, wasm_bindgen to schedule tasks on the JS event loop.
Handle to spawn tasks into an executor from any thread.
Token to spawn a newly-created task in an executor.
Handle to spawn tasks into an executor.
Error returned when spawning a task.